The STC Nominating Committee (composed of members Cindy Currie, Viqui Dill, Rick Lippincott, Becky Todd, and chair Bernard Aschwanden) is pleased to announce the preliminary slate of candidates for the 2017 Society election:
Director (two positions to be elected)
Nominating Committee (two positions to be elected)
Congratulations to the candidates, and thanks to all STC members who expressed interest in running for office.
Note that the preliminary slate was prepared in accordance with the current Society bylaws.
Individuals who meet the qualifications for Society office and engaged the nomination process, but were not selected for the slate, may choose to pursue nomination by petition of 10 percent of the voting members (see Article VIII, Section 2, Part D). Individuals who seek nomination by petition must submit the required materials to the Society office by 6 January 2017.
The final slate for the 2017 election will include candidates appearing on the preliminary slate as well as any qualified individuals who are properly nominated by petition and approved by the Board of Directors.
This article was originally published in the STC Notebook.
- Of Interest: New “Editing Matters” Column in Intercom
- From Around the Web: Understanding Plain Language and Simplified Technical English
- Never Miss a Corrigo Post – Subscribe Today!
- Use Your Voice – Vote in the STC 2018 Election!
- Of Interest: Call for Speakers – CIDM Summer Conference on Judicious Editing