STC Conference Activities
The Technical Editing SIG is active at every STC annual conference. The 2018 Summit takes place 20-23 May at the Hyatt Regency Orlando, Orlando, Florida.
Technical Editing SIG & Summit 2018Please join us for these activities:
- Sunday, May 20: Welcome Reception and Expo Hall Grand Opening -
- Stop by the TE SIG table to play a game, win prizes, and pick up fun giveaways!
- VOLUNTEERS NEEDED
Volunteer to help out at the SIG table! We need volunteers for these time slots: 4:30-5 (set up); 5:30-6; 6-6:30, and 6:30-7 (cleanup). Email your choice to sherrilhenkin (at) gmail (dot) com.
- Tuesday, May 22: TE SIG Business Meeting & Face-to-Face Networking event at Copper Canyon Grill.
Join us to hear the latest about what's going on, offer suggestions for future events, and meet with fellow SIG members face-to-face.
Wondering if this SIG is for you? Come check us out!
- Location: Copper Canyon Grill
- Time: 11:30 AM - 12:30 PM EDT
- Cost: Free to current TE SIG members!
$30 to not-yet members (for a 3-course meal, plus soft drink!)
For those who want to walk over together (the restaurant is a 10 minute walk from the conference hotel), meet in front of the Urban Tide restaurant by 11:15.
- Tuesday, May 22: STC Annual Business Meeting.
- Wednesday, May 23: STC Honors Reception
Past ConferencesRead about the Technical Editing SIG's activities in past conferences:
- 2017, Washington, D.C.
- 2016, Anaheim
- 2015, Columbus
- 2014, Phoenix
- 2013, Atlanta
- 2012, Rosemont/Chicago
- 2011, Sacramento
- 2010, Dallas
- 2009, Atlanta
- 2008, Philadelphia
- 2007, Minneapolis
- 2006, Seattle
Conference PicturesThese images are streamed from the STC Office's Flickr account.
Photo credits: Society for Technical Communication.