Skip to content
The TESIG provides advice about technical editing issues:
- Corrigo, the official publication of the TESIG (https://stc-techedit.org/corrigo/), publishes articles about subjects technical editing practitioners find interesting, for example:
- Stories about how applying technical editing skills increases reader satisfaction
- Links to sites you might find helpful in your job
- Tips about how to balance quality and deadlines
- The Editors’ Exchange (#EdEx) on the STC’s #sig-technical-editing Slack channel (https://stc-communities.slack.com/archives/C01REE8M28Z) provides a discussion forum for editors to ask questions and get answers.
- TESIG quarterly webinars are given by members with professional technical editing backgrounds who share their knowledge and expertise.
The TESIG provides information that demonstrates the importance/value of technical editing and editors to employers and organizations:
The TESIG provides guidance to technical editing students, new professionals, and career-shifters as they settle into technical editing positions:
- The Newbies’ Corner feature in Corrigo provides a platform for new, fresh voices about the field of technical editing, written by students and those just starting out in the profession.
- Moderated discussions on the #sig-technical-editing Slack channel enable participants to network with others and talk about school-to-career issues.
- The hashtags #ThisWorkedForMe and #TechEditTips enable social media users to find useful information about helpful tools and tricks to make technical editing easier.