Summit 2017 RevisitedSummit offered a variety of useful sessions for technical editors. If you were at the Summit, share what you learned with other TE SIG members. If you couldn't make it this year, find out what you missed.
This FREE online event is open to members and visitors. It's a great way to learn about our award-winning SIG!
Date and Time:
July 27, 2017 from 3-4pm EDT
(Convert to your timezone...)
- Prepare a few questions or comments about the topic. Be ready to participate in the discussion, not just "listen."
- The chat will be held in the SIG's viritual chatroom
Register for the Watercooler Chat:
Use the form below to register for the event. Advance registration for this event is optional.
Join The Watercooler Chat
- On the day of the event, join the TE SIG Adobe Connect Room.
- Depending on your browser settings, you may be prompted to install or run a Flash plug-in in order to continue.
- At the Connect Login screen, click the button "Enter as a Guest", type in your name, and click "Enter Room".
- For additional information, read the file Adobe Connect Guide for Participants.pdf.
- No formal presentation will be given.
- All who attend are encouraged to ask questions and to respond to questions.
- The discussion, in Q&A format, will be held in a text chat interface.
- The chat will NOT have an audio component.
- The chat will be recorded and the transcript will be made available for download from the file gallery.
- See Watercooler Chats for more information.
Lara Tellis has been a member of STC since she was a graduate student in the Master of Arts in Professional Communication (MAPC) program at Clemson University. After graduating from Clemson, she moved to Houston, TX and began her career as a technical writer. She is currently working at Emerson.
Lara has been a member of the Technical Editing SIG since she joined STC. She served as secretary of the SIG for two years. Lara is also on the admin council of the STC Houston chapter and will be serving as treasurer for STC Houston starting this fall.