Watercooler Chat: 2017 TE SIG Open HouseEveryone is invited to gather around the virtual watercooler. Li-At Rathbun and Sherri Henkin will facilitate the chat. We encourage new and prospective members to attend and see what we have in store for the year.
We'll talk about:
- Membership in STC and the SIG
- Volunteer opportunities
- The TE SIG at the Summit
- Planned programs and webinars
- How to network with others who share common interests
- Earning rewards with the TEAM incentive program
This FREE online event is open to members and visitors. It's a great way to learn about our award-winning SIG!
Attendees will be in TEXT mode to participate in the watercooler chat.
Join in at the SIG's virtual watercooler to consult with your colleagues about their findings.
Date and Time:
March 14, 2017 from 3pm-4pm ET (12noon-1pm PT)
(Convert to your timezone...)
- Prepare a few questions or comments about the topic. Be ready to participate in the discussion, not just "listen."
- Test the chat software at least one day before the session. For more information, see http://www.stc-techedit.org/Chat.
Join The Watercooler Chat
- On the day of the event, join the TE SIG Adobe Connect Room.
- Depending on your browser settings, you may be prompted to install or run a Flash plug-in in order to continue.
- At the Connect Login screen, click the button "Enter as a Guest", type in your name, and click "Enter Room".
- For additional information, read the file Adobe Connect Guide for Participants.pdf.
- Informal presentation.
- All who attend are encouraged to ask questions and to respond to questions.
- The discussion, in Q&A format, will be held in a text chat interface.
- The chat will NOT have an audio component.
- The chat will be recorded and the transcript will be made available for download from the file gallery.
- See Watercooler Chats for more information.
Recording and Slides
The watercooler chat was recorded and you can view the meeting here: http://stc.adobeconnect.com/p9qmzqae98t/
The meeting slides are attached to this page.