SIG watercooler chat: Quo Corrigo?
Technical editors, regardless of how the discipline is defined, are first and foremost reader advocates - be it for documentation clarity, accuracy, relevance, or accessibility.
Corrigo helps them become experts in this by exposing them to a wealth of ideas from across the technical communication spectrum.
Corrigo is a place where people who are interested in helping readers can get useful information to help them do just that.
Join Yoel Strimling - our new Corrigo editor - in this chat about the newsletter's future direction.
Date and Time:
Thursday, November 16, 2017, from 2-2:30pm EST.
(Convert to your timezone...)
- Register for the chat.
Prepare a few questions or comments about the topic. Be ready to participate in the discussion, not just "listen."
- Test the chat software at least one day before the session. For more information, see http://www.stc-techedit.org/Chat.
- No formal presentation will be given.
- All who attend are encouraged to ask questions and to respond to questions.
- The discussion, in Q&A format, will be held in a text chat interface.
- The chat will NOT have an audio component.
- The chat will be recorded and the transcript will be made available for download from the file gallery.
- See Watercooler Chats for more information.
The chat will be moderated by Yoel Strimling.
Yoel Strimling has been an editor for 20 years, and currently works as the Senior Technical Editor/Documentation Quality SME for CEVA Inc. in Herzelia Pituach, Israel.
Over the course of his career, he has successfully improved the content, writing style, and look and feel of his employers’ most important and most used customer-facing documentation by researching and applying the principles of documentation quality and survey design.
Yoel is a Senior Member of STC.