Watercooler Chat - Going for Personal Best: Tips and Tools
Like athletes, technical communicators may enjoy great winnings, but they also face significant challenges. To attain great results and personal bests, both groups need savvy approaches to training and cultivating the right mindset.
Whether you have questions, answers, or both, join this virtual chat, moderated by Carol Lamarche. Prepare to engender the Olympic motto:
This watercooler chat follows "Clutch and Cool Tech Comm: How to Train," a progression that Carol Lamarche presented at the STC 2012 Summit.
Date and Time: June 28, 2012, at 11:00 am - 12:00 noon ET
(Convert to your time zone.)
- Communications essentials â€“ What are the key areas for technical communicators to develop in 2012? Did you learn some at the STC Summit in May?
- Learning and networking â€“ Where are the best places to meet your needs as a growing professional? Where do you go, or want to go?
- Best productivity tools â€“ Which tools work to save time in areas such as collaboration, prospecting, time management? What are your standbys?
- Time management â€“ What saves time? Share your top three tips.
- Small business â€“ What do contractors need to excel? If you have questions or solutions for resources, implementation, or expansion, bring them.
How to Participate
- Think about the topic and prepare a few questions or comments to discuss.
- Be ready to participate in the live chat, rather than just "listen."
- Test the mySTC chat software at least one day before the session. For complete login instructions, see http://www.stc-techedit.org/Chat . You do not need to be an STC member to join the mySTC network.
Access the Chat Transcript: After the event, download the chat transcript from the file gallery (members only).
- No formal presentation will be given.
- All who attend are encouraged to participate.
- The discussion will be held in a text chat interface.
- The chat will NOT have an audio component.
- See Watercooler Chats for more information.